Re: [off-topic] Re: recommend kvm switch

From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 22:39:40 +0100

Emiel Kollof wrote:
Op donderdag 1 december 2005 15:07, schreef Bob Bagwill:
In _My Perfect Computer World_, every computer would be required to have a
Universal Console Port, which only spoke the Universal Console Port
Protocol.  There would be only one physical connector design, the port
would always be hot-pluggable, no differing baud rates, parity, character
sets, terminal emulations, color maps, etc.  It would have access to the
system at the firmware level. The standards would be rigidly enforced.

Such a standard exists. It's called... (wait for it) RS-232, as long as everone sticks to 9k6-8-N-1 and uses vt100 terminal emulation.

*ducks*

[snip other good points ;) ]

LOL, we call that standard "trainee", not quite that fast or precise but they serve coffee when they come back from the server room ;-)

--
mph