Partially fixed Re: Xorg / pkgsrc problems

From: Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 Nov 2005 07:21:01 GMT
I wrote:
> I just upgraded my DFly to 1.3.7-PREVIEW and decided to nuke all my
> packages and install from pkgsrc from scratch.  However, I can't get
> xorg working: whether I compile from source, or use packages from
> Joerg's site or gobsd.com, it says
> (EE) Failed to load module "Keyboard" (module does not exist, 0)
> (I don't see any obvious packages to install here, what's the fix?)

This bit is fixed (Joerg, if you still want my logs I'll send them to
you).  The problem seems to be I followed the advice on the wiki
   http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.php/HOWTO/Set_up_and_use_pkgsrc#Installing_pkgsrc
which advised the following bootstrap line
   # ./bootstrap --pkgdbdir /var/db/pkgsrc --prefix /usr/pkg

It turns out this pkgdbdir seems to conflict with Joerg's and
drhodus's packages.  Using /var/db/pkg (having nuked existing
pkg install) fixed it.  Should the wiki be fixed?

However, I still get a segfault

>"Fatal server error: Caught signal 11.  Server aborting"
>and quits with a coredump.

using the radeon driver, though not with vesa driver, as I described
below.  I tried replacing radeon_drv.o with the one from my Linux
install (which used to work) and it still segfaults.  vesa works.  If
I start X without any config file, it uses vesa.  This is annoying
(eg, no Xvideo extension, etc).

Ideas?

Rahul