Re: Packaging Questions

From: "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:22:20 +0100

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:40:05 +0200
Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In my experience so far, pkgmanager has worked as well or better than
> what I am used to from portmanager/portupgrade with FreeBSD ports.

	I will second this opinion (with the caveat that I don't use
anything with a monstrous dependency true such as gnome or kde) and add
that the want list feature is a big improvement over the "upgrade whatever
is there" approach of portupgrade. One nice trick with this is to install
a package for evaluation and then if it turns out to be no good a quick
pkgmanager sync will remove it and anything it depends on that isn't
otherwise used.