Re: jail and /dev

From: Tomas <antencek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:18:17 +0200

Thank you for help.

I did something similar before (following man jail, the section about creating devices in jail), the printer was printing from shell (master and jail), but cups did not recognize USB Printer #1 (not in jail nor in master).

I spent a few moments/hours of my life and found out (installed clean test machine with DF and jail) that if I compile cups with gcc34, cups does not list the USB Printer #1. If I compile cups with gcc2, the USB Printer #1 is there.

But in jail I can't manage printer after it was added.

Cups error:

server-error-service-unavailable

Is this a general cups problem or it's just the unusal combination of me+cups+gcc34 ? :) Has anyone else met the same problem?

I'm using 1.2.6-RELEASE.

Tomas