Re: DragonFly on a Pocket (210M) CD-R?

From: Oliver Fromme <check+inl4si00rsbhddo4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 Sep 2005 16:45:13 GMT

Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > I'd keep a compiler as long as possible.  Hacking/downloading a helpful
 > program and compiling it is really important, at least for me.

Good point.

 > considering the locales, I'm not sure if you need them for editing or
 > such...

It depends.  For editing C source code or config files, the
POSIX locale (a.k.a. "C" locale) should be sufficient, and
it doesn't require any locale files at all.

Personally, when I make a minimum installation (on CF card
or similar), I keep only the "ASCII" locale (it's a symlink
to "en_US-US-ASCII") and the "en_US.ISO8859-1" locale, so I
can set LC_CTYPE appropriately for using German umlauts.

Best regards
   Oliver