Re: New project machines on order.

From: "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 00:26:16 +0200

Jason Smethers wrote:
I have not messed with the onboard RAID controllers yet since I have yet to order new hard drives for it.

It's nothing special, hardware-assisted software RAID. Kinda like what some Promise controllers do, except a tad bit better. Still, I wouldn't use it. The only hardware-assisted software RAID I'd try is RAIDcore. Hardware RAID still rocks the kettle though, cheers for ARECA!

Cheers,
--
		-- Thomas E. Spanjaard
		   tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx