Re: New project machines on order.

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Erik P. Skaalerud" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:30:16 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:
I decided to try out the 'ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe' MB. I don't particularly need most of the junk on the motherboard, but we'll see how well it
works.

Those mainboards perform very well and are generally stable. The only problem with them is the chipset fan. It runs at ~8000rpm and the bearings stop working after a month or so (in all the cases I've seen).

You should really keep an eye on that fan. If it starts to fubar, just replace it with some kind of 3rd-party heatsink and fan.

- Erik