Re: No version tags on Preview?

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:00:30 +0200

Dave Hayes wrote:
So...I'm trying something different here (out of necessity). I'm going
to run the most stable bleeding edge code I can, regardless of how
oxymoronic that is, and see how that works. I'm thinking the aggregate
time spent upgrading every month is less than the large chunks of
frustration time I have on the borders of rock solidity.

If you intend to run this on a production machine (implying HA), i'd advise you to run -RELEASE. It doesn't get any new features we are shoving into -DEVEL, but it does get all bugfixes and is just aimed for stability. If you can live with the fact that an exploit might be fixed after three weeks instead of two days, then -Preview might be your choice.

cheers
  simon

Work - Mac      +++  space for low $$$ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /