Re: No version tags on Preview?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 19:28:17 -0700 (PDT)

    Preview is supposed to be a 'reasonable stable' version of HEAD, but
    sometimes it can get pretty far behind (like it was until we synced it
    just recently).  Under normal conditions will ought to sync Preview
    at least once a month and even more often.

    Preview's main purpose is to support those users who want a fairly
    recent HEAD, but do not want to deal with, for example, the EHCI work
    that caused my test box to stop booting for a few days :-).

    This theoretically frees us up to commit things to HEAD slightly less
    carefully, but the reality is that we are no less careful then, say,
    the FreeBSD folks are when they commit something to their HEAD.  So
    anyone who felt comfortable staying up with HEAD in FreeBSDland
    should feel the same comfort level staying up with HEAD in
    DragonFlyland.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>