Re: UFS filesystem size limit

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:13:21 -0700

Matthew Dillon wrote:

A friend of mine swears by linux, but curses just about every filesystem
he tries (and curses UFS as well).

I'll have my wife call his wife -- they'll modify that behavior quickly!

    There are two things I want for UFS:  (1) Nearly instant reboots
    (without having to depend on softupdates)...

Are you counting a crash as a form of 'reboot'? I can certainly understand why a busy kernel developer might want to speed up something he does many time a day -- but most sysadmins probably never want to reboot...