increase number of inodes?

From: "Wiger van Houten" <Wiger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:18:22 +0200

Don't know whether I should report this here, or in Bugs, but here it goes.

I installed the latest ISO a few days ago. Because I wanted to help testing pkgsrc, I cvs-upped the pkg-src tree. I think after about 90%, the filesystem ran out of inodes.
I know there is no 'non destructive' way of doing this, so maybe it's an idea to increase the number of inodes by default on new installations.
( It was a small partition (guess it was about 500/600 MB), but maybe other people run into the same problems. )

Good idea/Bad idea?

Regards,

Wiger van Houten

-- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/