Re: Compatability with FreeBSD Ports [debian package tools]

From: James Frazer <jfrazer@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 01:58:59 -0500

The reason I'm not running it right now is lack of good binary packages
and a good package management system.  I don't have time to mess around
with source builds which may or may not work.  I want an upgrade path
that has a good probability of working, and if it is going to fail I don't
want to find out about it 20 hours later when I'm not around to figure out
what went wrong.

I've never been a fan of linux, but my vote goes for apt/dpkg, which I've
had reasonably good success with. Definitely moreso than ports +
portupgrade (which has hosed my system far too many times).