Re: mouse driver

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:59:07 -0700

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Huub wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed vs. DFBSD 1.2, and got X running. Only problem is that the
> mouse doesn't work. (Mouse is ok on other o.s. on same pc). What can I do
> about it?

There are different approaches, depending on what you need.

The way I do it is to use the moused utility which allows
you to use the mouse both in X and in pseudoterminals.

Look at /etc/defaults/rc.conf for the lines with 'moused'
and override any of the values in your /etc/rc.conf file
until you get a working cursor in a pseudoterminal.
(man moused)

Then you modify your /etc/X11/xorg.conf (or XF86Config) to
look like this:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"