Re: Soekris 4501

From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 20:36:22 +0200 CEST

Yiorgos Adamopoulos <adamo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Has anyone used DFLY_Preview on a Soekris 4501
> preferably (or a 4508).  Also
> interested in the case of PC Engines WARP.

I've got a Soekris 4801 that I've tried installing dfly on,
using the dhcp/tftpd/pxe services of the installer CD.
It didn't work out of the box, due to the headless nature
of the Soekris. I guess mounting the compact flash disk
on a regular PC with DragonFly BSD, installing to it, and
configuring it, prior to moving it to the Soekris, is probably
the way forward. I've just been too lazy to actually do it,
so my Soekris has been collecting dust for a while.
A couple of months at least, so perhaps the Installer
PXE services have been refined to better suit the Soekris.
(which echoes VGA output to serial, mixing serial & graphics
output horribly)

/Jonas Sundström.            www.kirilla.com