Vinum problem

From: Manfred Stienstra <manfred@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:22:26 +0200

I'm trying to create a big volume from some disks in my server, but vinum
doesn't want to add the disk. The server is a fresh DF 1.2.0 install with
the normal kernel.

mount# vinum create -v vinum.volumes
   1: drive a device /dev/ar0s1e
** 1 Can't initialize drive a: Operation not supported by device
   2: drive b device /dev/ad0s1h
** 2 : Invalid argument
   3: volume home
   4:   plex org concat
   5:     sd length 0 drive a
   6:     sd length 0 drive b
0 drives:
1 volumes:
Volume home:    Size: 0 bytes (0 MB)
                State: up
                Flags:
                1 plexes
                Read policy: round robin

1 plexes:
Plex home.p0:   Size:           0 bytes (0 MB)
                Subdisks:        2
                State: up
                Part of volume home

2 subdisks:
Subdisk home.p0.s0:
                Size:                0 bytes (0 MB)
                State: up
                Plex home.p0 at offset 0 (0  B)
                Drive a (/dev/ar0s1e), no offset

Subdisk home.p0.s1:
                Size:                0 bytes (0 MB)
                State: up
                Plex home.p0 at offset 0 (0  B)
                Drive b (/dev/ad0s1h), no offset

The configuration file looks like this:

drive a device /dev/ar0s1e
drive b device /dev/ad0s1h
volume home
  plex org concat
    sd length 0 drive a
    sd length 0 drive b

Am I doing something wrong or is vinum broken somehow?

 Manfred