Re: pkgsrc users

From: "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 09:37:52 +0100

On Wed, 25 May 2005 18:29:28 +0200
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Which DragonFly version(s) are you running?

	Tracking PREVIEW fairly closely.

> Are you using ports/dfports?

	Yes.

> Are you using pkgsrc? If yes, are you subscribed to gobsd@xxxxxxxxx?

	No - lack of a portupgrade subsitute puts me off pkgsrc which
I do use on an XP/Interix laptop.

> Which "bigger" applications are you using or want to use, but can't
> because of problems?

	So far no significant problems apart from xorg crashing horribly
with DRM, but AIUI that's a common ASUS/ATI interaction problem.
OTOH I get a decent connection next week so I'll probably be doing a lot
more with the box then - I might even get happy enough with my DRM update
to punt it out for others to play with :)

> Are you using prebuild packages or do you build from source?

	Always from source - I sometimes tweak the knobs.

> How often do you update your system?

	About twice a month.