Re: locore.s' history?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 13:58:22 -0700 (PDT)

:
:Hi, I've been reading "Operating System Source Code Secrets Volume."  The
:authors imply (I can't remember the exact quote) that locore has a
:history.  Does anyone know where this name came from, or where it first
:appeared?  My intuition tells me "locore" means low memory (as in old
:magnetic core memory)?  Just curious.
:
:-Zera Holladay

    It has a big history, but I don't know the specifics.  I recommend
    asking Kirk McKusick.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>