Re: suggestion.

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:32:24 -0700 (PDT)

    There's a level of complexity in PPP that does not lend itself
    to a safe kernel implementation.  I far prefer doing it in userland,
    myself.

    Also, for some reason (maybe it's the fact that we're talking barely
    30Kbits/sec over dialup and really not much more then 3MBit over a
    cablemodem)... the userland version isn't really going to be
    noticeably slower.