Re: Newbie on this list - with a first question :)

From: Atte Peltomaki <atte.peltomaki@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:35:19 +0300

> 1, Is this the right place to ask this type of question? If not, please

Your first question being a question about a question you're asking,
it's a bit odd, yes :o)

Seriously though, this is the DragonFlyBSD users mailing list, not
full-disclosure. You are free to ask whatever you please about dfly, and
nobody will insult you. Though I do recommend reading the handbook first,
available at http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~justin/handbook/.

> 2, If it is, have someone had success building gtk2 from pkgsrc? At this
> time it's v2.6.7. I've seen some Makefile
> patches, for older versions, tried to apply some schemas from them, with
> no success. It's probably that I'm too lame
> for complex makefiles...

I haven't personally tried pkgsrc on dfly yet, but from what I've heard,
they're as much trouble as the dfly/fbsd ports are. I recently
uninstalled all ports and now I'm only using binaries, and I must say
I've been much better off. pkg_add -r package, and everything works.

--
Atte Peltomäki
http://kameli.org