Weird problem with sk on ASUS A8V

From: "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:00:48 +0100

	Hi,

	This is very odd, the onboard LAN on my ASUS A8V has been working
fine up until this weekend, but now it reports a "NO PHY" error on
bootup in DragonFly. At first I thought it was down to upgrading to
Preview recently but I get the same error booting from the 1.1-Stable
CD I originally installed from and from the FreeBSD 5.3-Stable install
on the same box. Also I have used the LAN since I last updated the
system.

	OK so far it sounds like a broken ethernet adaptor, the kicker
is that it works perfectly when I boot a Knoppix CD with a Linux 2.4
kernel on it.

	Any ideas at all ?