Re: SATA problems

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:17:23 +0800

Danial Thom wrote:

--- Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 06:28:25PM -0700,
Danial Thom wrote:

I have a Tyan K8SR opteron MB with a SIL 3114
SATA controller and I can't get it to work

with

dragonflyBSD. When booting (and using an IDE

disk

as the primary), I get

ad4: timeout waiting for interrupt

Can you post the full (verbose) dmesg please?

Joerg

Its difficult since the box won't boot (and doesn't save the dmesg) with an SATA in the system. Do you have any suggestions as to how to get the messages?

Danial

Understand you have a non-SATA IDE drive as primary, presume the DragonFlyBSD OS is on that?

If so, or comparison:

- First try to capture a dmesg from the installer CD with all HDD disconnected.

- Then try to capture a verbose dmesg with no SATA, PATA (IDE) - and boot CD - only.

- If that boots OK, then disable the PATA IDE, enable the SATA,
attempt an install of DragonFlyBSD to the SATA, and capture that dmesg for comparison.

In either case the dmesg should be appearing on the COM1 serial port.

After a 'normal' boot, the latest will be in /var/run/dmesg.boot - even if a CD boot (in RAM).

HTH,

Bill Hacker