Re: Burning a dvd

From: TIV <gtivey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 05:05:08 +0000

Hi y'all ---

Prior to installing K3B, I built dvdtools and just used the commands located @

>>> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~justin/handbook/creating-dvds.html.

The real "trick" is managing the file options to make the ISO, such as the
"accepable characters", filename length, leading period, etc. , to conform
to a standard. The options are "box selectable" under the K3B front-end, and
easier for most "casual" users to manage than the command line switches.

I manage to find a dozen or so "illegal" filenames when i make an iso of my
home directory, and end up renaming them before I can back them up.

Good Luck!

-Tiv