Re: DragonFly BSD Architecture

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 02:12:46 +0800

Jaime Andrés Ballesteros wrote:

Hi all:
I want to learn about DragonFly architecture. i have some experience
with C  at low level but i dont know where to begin. I found the
FreeBSD architecture but i dont know if it applies to DgnFly.
Thanks a lot for the information.

Jaime Andrés

Mostly it does.

The 'BSD basics' are covered here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/design-44bsd/

This is probably still the best place to start - especially if you
read faster in a language other than English, note the
'en_US..'.  There are other languages.

The FreeBSD.org site also has the 'man' pages and handbook.

DragonFlyBSD has their own versions on the wiki as well:

http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org

The differences between DragonFly and other BSD's, especially
FreeBSD 4.8, originally the closest, are explained here:

http://www.dragonflybsd.org

Look under 'Goals' for the 'meat' and the 'casus belli' for branching.

HTH,

Bill Hacker