Re: How to make INSTALLS_DEPENDS?

From: Max Okumoto <okumoto@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 09:03:52 -0700

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 11:17:10AM +0900, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:

What's affected in make command is at the tail of the function
MainParseArgs(). When it sees a flag in the "rest of the arguments",
it sets optind to 0 and re-enter the getopt() loop. After that commit,
setting optind to 0 is no different than setting it to 1 because getopt()
sets it to 1 anyway.

Good goddess, WTF ?! That's the most stupid abuse of getopt I've ever seen.
I'll think about a correct fix for this.

Joerg

Ack! YT, you are right. Joerg should we fix this in make by using optreset? Or are you going to try to handle it in the getopt code?

Max