Re: Version numbering -- Movable tags

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:33:15 -0500

At 10:38 AM -0800 3/28/05, Matthew Dillon wrote:

I have an idea on how to tag the sub-versions... we just tag the sub-version in ONE file (the one that specifies the sub-version), then have a script which extracts the commit date based on the tag in that one file which can then be used in a cvs update -D on that branch to retrieve the whole sub-version. One script could hide the whole mess.

    Otherwise we would end up with thousands of tags on every file
    in the source tree.

Ooo. This is a pretty clever idea.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx