Re: Clock still getting stomped on from time to time (no pun intended)

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:15:44 +0000

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 09:56:03AM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:     We can, by retooling the system to use the ACPI timer instead of the
:     8254.  That has its own issues but at least we wouldn't have to worry
:     about the BIOS/SM code munging the 8254.

I'm not sure a 94 laptop has ACPI, does it?  Wasn't it just APM 1.x back
then?

Also, I *thought* code was added to catch this case and deal with it.
The drive timeout issue is gone, but this other one is persisting.
Why the difference?

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.