Re: PCIX confusion

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 01:23:07 +0800

Boris Spirialitious wrote:

*SNIP*

Not many
people have PCI-X in their systems.

I am very confused by this statement. Are you
part of dragonfybsd team? PCIX is just faster
spec for PCI. What is not accepted about it?
Is DDR also not accepted? This is very disturbing.
It seem like you have no idea what is going
on in the world. It is very strange.

Boris

Not to worry, Boris!

PCI-X is pretty standard in rackmount servers.
(running it in IBM e-Series as we speak.)

As you hint, it needs nothing not already in the *BSD's.
DragonFly can be expected to handle it well.

The 'discussion' is the residue of a 'hardware'
troll-flare, has gone way O/T,
. .. and will (hopefully) die out if we just let it..

Pax,

Bill