Re: PS/2 mouse problem

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:25:04 +0800

Nikolaos Damilakis wrote:

Hi,
I recently installed DragonFly BSD but I cant make my PS/2 mouse work. I
searched on google and googlegroups and I saw that many guys like me had the
same problem also in FreeBSD but just a small percentage of those had
resolved it.

There seems to be a temporary problem on some hardware combinations that may have to do with that MB chipset/BIOS, and/or the move to USB, USB/RF, and Bluetooth meese - many of which are battery-powered and have power-saving logic, hence not necessarily showing up at scan time.

Short-term solution here was to experiment until a working
combination was found, then put the necessary commands into
a short shell script, 'mouse/sh' in my case, and have that run
before  startx.

This has not generally been necessary, nor should it be,
but it works until the cause can be addressed.

I have at least one of Bluetooth, USB, spread-spectrum RF,
serial, ps2 here, and a box that exhibits the problem on
several, so will try to narrow it down and report back
in the next day or so.

HTH

Bill Hacker