DragonFly users List (threaded) for 2005-03
Matthew Dillon wrote:
I think I need to add a feature to the mailing list manager to
terminate threads, so if enough people vote to terminate a thread,
the mailing list software stops accepting postings with the subject
line in question for a few weeks.
[In my copious spare time!]
Someone would change one byte and start all over again. It is what they do.
You code, they fuss. It's their psychological rice-bowl. Won't change.
- making d.kernel, d.commits closed to posting save for your recognized
We 'passengers' can still view it.
Relevant, polite, and intelligent suggestions in d.users could be
scanned for now and then when you need to shift focus
- actioned if they merited it, ignored if appropriate, argued NOT.
- leaving d.submit open for new coding volunteers to demonstrate value-add.
- leaving d.bugs as-is. Perhaps we would see more input if folks would
run DragonFly instead of their keyboards.
- add a filter or team of moderators to d.users to divert chronic
offenders to a new list - by MLM settings if a word in their e-mail fails.
perhaps 'd.wars', 'd.fools' or 'd.rivel'.
Periodically piped to WOM if the Johnson noise exceeds limits .
Of late, scarce resources - good coders - are being chronically
irritated or distracted.
'Open Source' should relate to 'Open Mind' - not 'Open Sores' or 'Open