Re: Differences between AMD and Intel CPUs [was: Re: Dragonfly and Hyperthreading....]

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 03:51:56 +0800

Martin P. Hellwig wrote:

<cut all>
Perhaps its the best to do some proofing or otherwise end this thread.

Best to end it... Some of the brightest minds on the planet have been trolled
(once again) this time over the never-ending clock-speed wars.

How did we fall into that old trap? It's a bottomless black hole ...

They'll have us fetching sticks or sitting up for dog-biscuits next. <g>

Just be glad we have a choice - not only between chipmakers, but among many
specialized chipset variants with different optimizations from each of them....

. .. and which change position as to relative price and performance about
every calendar quarter anyway....

Bill