Re: How to teach OS

From: Zera William Holladay <zholla1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:00:04 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I may be remembering this wrong, but doesn't the "Design and
> Implementation of 4.4BSD" book have questions/exercises in it?  That may
> be a good start.  I don't have a copy on hand to check.

Yes, but going to my instructor with an assignment from a book is one
thing and going to her with a suggestion from a person who is actually
developing an OS is another.  I could say, "Justin, who develops an open
source operating system, believes that it is very useful to do X in order
to learn how Y works."

Thanks for the reply.

-zh