Re: How to reinstall the loader?

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:38:11 +0800

Frank Denis (Jedi/Sector One) wrote:

Hello.
*SNIP*

data is still on the DragonFlyBSD partition, but I don't know how to boot it
now.

  Is there any way to reinstall the DragonFlyBSD loader? By chance, it is
possible to do it while running FreeBSD ?

Best regards,
-Frank.

Refer to the 'wikified' DragonFly Handbook:

http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.php/DragonFly_Handbook/install-cd-disk#CD_Installation_-_Disk_setup

- Look under: 'Boot Manager Installation'

Might also want to peruse the FreeBSD handbook, but I suspect it would be easier from a DragonFlyBSD CD than from a FreeBSD CD.

HTH,

Bill