RAID framework?

From: Gabriel Ambuehl <gaml@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:16:05 +0100

Hi,
are there any plans to incorporate a better RAID framework (I don't
like vinum at all, you can't boot from it and it's hideously complex to
use) or even full blown volume manager into Dragonfly? In a lot of
situation, good software RAID would be much more flexible than
controller based implementations, especially if there was RAID5 with
support for the addition of new disks.

Reason for me asking is a lot of weird issues with FreeBSD5 on my
current fileserver using 3ware cards at home...

Regards,
Gabriel