Re: net-snmp port

From: Janet Sullivan <ciscogeek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:44:45 -0800

Stop in /usr/ports/net-mgmt/net-snmp/work/net-snmp-5.2.1.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net-mgmt/net-snmp.

Greetings:

   This port does not build for me either, so you are not alone. Since it
was a dependency for something else and I really didn't need it I
commented out the option in the other build's Makefile and moved on.

Bummer. At least I know its not just me. After my sendmail fun tonight I wasn't too sure. <laugh>

Maybe its because I come from a networking device world (routers, switches, etc) but having snmp on a system is something I really like to have. Making pretty MRTG graphs to monitor things makes me happy. <laugh>