Re: ipfilter on 1.1-CURRENT

From: Janet Sullivan <ciscogeek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:31:50 -0800

Janet Sullivan wrote:
With IPF complied into my kernel (today's sources), I get the following messages in my dmesg:

Enabling ipfilter.
IP Filter: already initialized
IP Filter: already initialized
IP Filter: already initialized
IP Filter: already initialized
ioctl(SIOCIPFL6): Invalid argument

I'm guessing the SIOCIPFL6 error is because I don't have IPv6 complied in. Why the four already initialized messages though?

To answer my own question, the already initialized messages are a problem with /etc/rc.d/ipfilter. I'm going to look at the latest version of the file in FreeBSD and see how it works, it looks like they fixed the problem.