Re: Backporting DFly patches to FreeBSD?

From: Michel Talon <talon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:40:09 +0100

EM1897@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 2/21/05 3:09:15 AM Eastern Standard Time, dodell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Good code is a good first step.

It's really not a contest, nor is it a war. If it is, I'd like someone
to please tell me so I can get out of it.

If your goal in life is simply to "do" something, then your chances
of doing it well are diminished. The goal of being the best, if for no
other satisfaction than being able to stand on your desk and beat your chest, is the only goal worth working towards.

Thinking that one can be the best on whatever subject is usually
incredibly stupid. Perhaps Matt Dillon or phk may have the well
founded opinion that they are "the best", but in the vast majority of cases, one only makes a fool of oneself. Let us be happy of not
doing too bad our job.

--
Michel Talon