Re: another dragonfly drawing

From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:01:37 +0100

George Georgalis wrote:
<cut>

I really like that, looks good with my default, medium-cyan background. immediately saw a dragonfly in the background too.

I don't think it looks anything like the zelda logo, btw. But I thought

I hope so nintendo would agree on that too and even if they would agree and Matt and his trustees would like to have a logo besides Fred, it is questionable if a logo should have a (coincidental) similarity to a game logo. It might be not a thing we would like to have a reference too.

the existing logo was going to be kept, while owner copyright revocation
would continue to become more absurd.

Of course Fred will stay, we need him! ;-)
But me was thinking that maybe DF could use a logo besides their mascot.
The same as NetBSD has there flag logo and the (pile of )daemon(s) as mascot and as FreeBSD will have <fill in> logo and the daemon.
But the final decision if the DragonFly could use a logo coexisting with Fred is at the project leader, where it should be.
Cosmetic things are fun (well for me at least) to do but not that important I think.

--
mph