Re: WARNING - Seriously damage vulnerability for _desktop_ users, be careful.

From: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dfly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 00:14:02 +0900

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 10:14:36PM +0800, Eduardo Tongson wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:08:49 +0900, YONETANI Tomokazu
> <qhwt+dfly@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hmm, `make install clean' is a dangerous command, your system may be
> > left broken without a clue :)
>
> How can `make install clean` be dangerous?

Well, generally it's no more dangerous than `make install' is.
It's only my habit to keep intermediate files unless the disk space
is really pressing, so it may be useful to find out what went wrong
during the build or during the installation. But it won't be that
important if you can reproduce them afterwards, so in most cases
and for most people it's nothing more than a waste of disk space :)