Re: UFS2 support?

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:56:22 +0000

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Are you refering to the ibm JFS, which is GPLed?  Or are
:you talking in about a journalling filesystem in general?
:
:http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/jfs/home.html
:
:					Max

    IBM's JFS specifically.  Small kernel footprint, low overhead... of
    all the filesystems out there that one ought to be the easiest to port.

	JFS2 (open-source gpl'ed) is not very hard to port to FreeBSD or
	DF.  I know that becaused I initiated the original effort
	JFS4BSD; which shortly died due to lack of interest back then.

-Hiten