CVSUP COLLECTIONS NAME CHANGES - NOTICE TO ALL MIRRORS!

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:29:22 -0800 (PST)

    Xin Li is setting up a cvsup mirror in China and he noted that it is
    not possible to serve out FreeBSD and DragonFly from the same IP
    because the same collection names are used.

    I think this issue has come up before with others wanting to host
    multiple cvsup repositories.

    So what I think we need to do is to change our cvsup collection names
    from cvs-BLAH to dragonfly-cvs-BLAH.  e.g. 'cvs-src' becomes
    'dragonfly-cvs-src'.

    I would like all of our existing repositories to start using both
    sets of names with the aim of eventually switching over entirely to
    the new names.  I have already done this on the master server crater.

    Once enough mirrors have the new names up and running I will change
    the example supfile and the one on the web site to use the new names.

    So, to everyone running mirrors:

    * Change the cvsup collection names you are using to 'pull' the data
      from crater from 'cvs-BLAH' to 'dragonfly-cvs-BLAH'.

    * Dup your existing 'cvs-*/' directories in /usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/
      to 'dragonflycvs-*/', so both exist.

    Note that you still only need one actual copy of the data... that is,
    both the cvs-* and dragonfly-cvs-* collections pull from the same
    (unchanged) CVS tree.