Re: why is sendmail the adopted mta?

From: "George Georgalis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:54:39 -0500

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 11:19:15PM +0100, Mads Martin Joergensen wrote:
>Michel Talon wrote:
>>(*) the famous ssh exploits are certainly not an excuse for sendmail.
>>The OpenBSD people who were ultra conservative, still relying on Bind4
>>and other antiquities in the name of security have finally understood
>>that this did not buy anything securitywise but greatly impeded
>>usability and have converted to Bind9. Either them or the NetBSD people
>>offer sendmail and postfix in the base system, so it is not a
>>"lese-Berkeley" crime to ask for such a thing.
>
>Just for the record; I would _love_ to see Postfix as default MTA.

Folks, as much as I'd like to see sendmail replaced, and as much as
I'd like to take time out to try postfix, it cannot replace sendmail
in dfly, because of the license.

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@xxxxxxxxx