Re: Ripping CDs

From: Roland Hammerle <rjh@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 00:36:06 +0100

Freddie Cash wrote:

An easier method is to just make the cdparanoia executable(s) setuid root.

I am not sure if that would work since from what I understand sound juicer doesn't even get that far. It first checks which devices are available. Since it could not open any CD devices it didn't find any. Without any device you cannot rip a CD. It doesn't even try to read anything from the CD.