Re: weird mouse (PS/2) output

From: Zera William Holladay <zholla1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 10:36:35 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, Liam J Foy wrote:

> On Sun(26)/Dec/04 - , Andre Nathan wrote:
> > Liam J Foy said:
> > > Is anyone else having any trouble with their PS/2 mouse?
> > > Can anyone recommend anything to me?
> >
> > My PS/2 mouse is working fine... if it helps, here are my relevant
> > configuration options:
> >
> > rc.conf:
> > moused_enable="YES"
> > moused_type="ps/2"
> > moused_port="/dev/psm0"
> >
> > /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >     Identifier  "Mouse0"
> >     Driver      "mouse"
> >     Option      "Protocol" "Auto"
> >     Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
> > EndSection
> >
> > For some reason, "PS/2" didn't work for me in xorg, but setting the
> > protocol to "Auto" made it work again.
> >
> > HTH
> > Andre
>

> I have already tried this with no luck. X boots up fine, it's just when
> I move the actual mouse it jumps all over the show. Normally jumping
> to the edge of my screen.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> - Liam J. Foy

Does the mouse "jump all over the show" when you are not using X?  Have
you tried using moused with just a regular terminal as is suggested by the
above rc.conf variables, that is without a connection to the X server and
without the server running?

What's your "%uname -a" too?

I'll try running a PS/2 mouse with my system (1.1-CURRENT) and let you
know if I have the same problem.

Good luck, Zera Holladay