Re: Laptop and live cd

From: Bryan Berch <dfbsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:28:58 -0500

Matthew Dillon wrote:

Try adjusting the BIOS settings for the CD drive, if it lets you. e.g. the translation mode and other things. If that doesn't work, see if a FreeBSD CD boots.

-Matt
Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The BIOS do not allow any changes to the cd drive. I tried a FreeBSD 4.6 and 5.1 cd, only ones I have, and neither one will boot. 4.6 get to will get to the hit enter to boot and the 5.1 will get to the menu, but no options will get you further. Again you hear the cd drive wind down and the computer shuts off.

Bryan