Re: Can't get CDROM to boot, even with SmartBoot

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:02:56 -0800 (PST)

:I don't know what the deal is with this drive.  The FreeBSD CDROM booted
:fine.  But the DFly installation ISO does not.  I loaded SmartBoot from
:floppy, but it wouldn't recognize the drive, even when I manually entered
:(what I thought were) the port settings.
:
:Is there another way?
:
:Jonathon
:--
:The beaten path is for the beaten man.

    This isn't really helpful.  Describe the machine... what is it?  How
    old is it?  This kinda sounds like an El-torito CD boot issue in
    which case the first thing I would do is check to see if any
    BIOS upgrades are available for the box.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>