Getting tired of 5.3

From: Guillermo Garcia Rojas <garciarojas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:42:17 -0600

After a few weeks running on FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE, and having DragonFly on
my test machine; I've seen a world of difference between them. DragonFly
goes faster than my FreeBSD box, even faster than a dragon fly xD,
compiles faster and goes a lot better than FreeBSD 5.3.

It's been a pain in the ass for me, I've been thinking seriously on moving
on to DragonFly; I've read /usr/src/UPDATING and says that I can move to
it from 4.x, which I've done for my test machine, and says that can be
done from a 5.x box. It is painless to do it from my 5.3 box?

I updated to 5.3 from 4.10 and it was hell, all my ports broke because of
/lib/libm.so.2 and the version bumped to libm.so.3, so I installed 5.3
from scratch. I don't want to pass for the same on moving to DragonFly. Is
this going to broke all the ports too if I move to DragonFly?

On the other hand, I have trouble on compiling libgtop2 port on DF, but I
can live without it, and X.org does not recognize the wheel on my mouse (I
use the same XF86Config file in both FreeBSD and DF.

Should I move on now? that's the big question.

Thanks!