Re: Crazy clock

From: Zera William Holladay <zholla1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:35:11 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Atte Peltomaki wrote:

> DragonFlyBSD doesn't seem to be able to keep the date, and it has been
> so for quite a while now. Is there a fix in horizon, or should I set up
> a cronjob for ntpdate that runs every minute? >:)
>

> -Atte

I've had the same problem, but I have not had a chance to investigate the
cause.  If I remember correctly, the problem started when I installed
DFBSD 1.1-CURRENT.  When I was using DFBSD 1.0, there was no problem with
the kernel returning the correct time -- or at least I never noticed it.
I have a fairly standard Intel processor, so I don't believe it is a
hardware problem.

-zh

p.s. Thank you to all of those who are working on DFBSD, it's awesome.