Re: My freebsd dream

From: "Thomas Edward Spanjaard" <t.e.spanjaard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 05:08:10 +0100

"pagux" <freebsdromeo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:41ae77b4$0$717$415eb37d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [Story of a lifetime]

I don't want to spoil your dream, but in large cooperatively developed
projects it's tough to achieve each and every goal you've set out for your
MyBSD. There'll always be people opposed to your ideas, just as in 'the real
world'. But to give you a helping hand, I'd suggest waiting a few years with
this dream, until you've dug deep enough in the material (BSD internals, C
programming, user interface development, etc) so that you have a solid base
to start from. This isn't easy, and is usually university-grade material
you're talking about.

Furthermore, the most important asset in starting up such a huge project is
communicative skills. This implies a solid understanding of the English
language at least, and quite frankly, yours is a tad bit behind that. On
another note, most of the BSD users, administrators and the like don't seek
to dethrone Windows as the number one desktop (and, arguably, server) OS,
but just the solution to their problems.

Just my two cents,
Thomas E. Spanjaard
TGEN on IRC
t.e.spanjaard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx