Re: Audigy 2 noisy output

From: Benedikt Steinbusch <hama@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:11:38 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

As Joerg suggested, buying OSS from opensound.com should work just right,
as they support DragonFly and (I assume) Audigy cards.

Joerg is right :). I have downloaded the demo from opensound.com and it works like a charm. There is no more noise. I am gonna spend the next 7 days enjoying music and thinking about buying a driver for 45 dollar which I could have had for free or fixed by myself if only I knew how to write C. I would have preferred to invest these 45 dollars into some open source project (what is a soundcard driver compared to a nice T-shirt?). Is there any chance that you would fix the driver for a similar amount of money?

--
Benedikt Steinbusch