Re: Trigger checkpointing from within the application

From: fu <fu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:44:35 -0500

Michael Neumann wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to checkpoint my application without that the user has to type ^E. It's a server application. What I'm dreaming of is a syscall like this:

  if (checkpt('filename.ckpt')) {
    // checkpoint was restored
  }

checkpt() will checkpoint the running application as ^E do. The checkpt syscall returns 0 for the running application and != 0 when the checkpointed application is restored.

Or instead of a syscall, how about a special signal, that is called after the checkpoint was restored?

I have to run some procedures to setup sockets etc. after a checkpoint has been restored.

Regards,

Michael

SIGUSR1 SIGUSR2